What is a Joint Venture (JV)?
A joint venture is a form of foreign invested enterprise that is created through a partnership between foreign and Chinese investors, who together share the profits, losses and management of the join venture. A JV is usually used by foreign investors to enter restricted industries such as: Education, Entertainment, Mining, Hospital etc. One of the major reasons for foreign invertors to use a joint venture is because a local partner can offer benefits such as well-established distribution channels, government relationships or significant knowledge of the local market.
1. IDs of the Chinese and foreign investors. (2x copies)
2. Chinese partner’s local company business license with company stamp on it. (2x copies)
3. CPA firm’s capital verification report with Chinese partner’s company stamp on it. (2x copies)
4. Chinese partner’s last year audit report with company stamp on it. (2x copies)
5. Board director’s name list of the Joint Venture. (1x copy)
6. Chinese partner’s local company’s article of association. (2x copies)
1. 2x Certificate of Incorporations or Equivalent document certified by Chinese embassy or Chinese consulate overseas. For individual investor: The passport copy of Investors need be certified by Chinese embassy or consulate. Double check with us if individual investor is in China currently.
2. 2x Bank Reference Letters from investor’s bank to declare a good standing
3. Passport copy of the parent company’s director, the China company’s Legal Representative and the China company’s supervisor.
4. China Legal Representative resume and 6 photos (2 inches size)
5. Brief introduction of the foreign investor(s) including name, address and telephone number.
6. Registered capital
7. Business Scope
8. 5 proposed Chinese names of China JV
9. Office address, 2x leasing contracts
10. 2x certificate of real estate ownership
11. 2x landlord identification
12. Letter of Authorization
Additional requirements for a trading Joint venture: The latest annual audit report copy from the parent company which provided by a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Custom HS Code of proposed Import/Export products in China
1. Name registration with State Administration of Industry and Commerce (SAIC)
2. Certificate of Approval of Joint Venture by Ministry of Commerce or Foreign Economical Cooperation Bureau (MOFEC)
3. Apply for Business License with SAIC
4. Chops made by Public Security Bureau (PSB)
5. Organization Code License by Technical Supervision Bureau (TSB)
6. Tax Certificate by Tax Bureau
7. Registration and Approval with State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE)
8. Open Foreign Currency and RMB bank account
9. Inject Capital from investor’s overseas bank account
10. Capital Verification Report by Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
11. Applying for Permanent Business License with SAIC
12. Financial certificate Registration
13. Statistics license Registration